Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Being Sick this Weekend and Encountering the Taylor Swift Guy...

I ended up being at CTN-X this weekend for a total of maybe 3 hours. Much of that time was spent sitting at a table at the bar, nursing a mug of tea in a near catatonic state. Basically I came down with some cold or flu almost immediately after I arrived on Saturday afternoon, and when I woke up Sunday morning I was feeling too terrible to go back. I'm still really bummed out that I didn't get a chance to meet a lot of you guys, especially those of you who came such a long way to be at the convention!

But alas, this was me on Sunday morning, feverish, wishing I could have been there:
 After sleeping away most of the day, I ventured out to the market seeking ingredients for chicken soup. While I was there, I witnessed something kind of amazing:











You can't make this kind of dialogue up. Ran into these two in the cereal aisle sometime later, before the song was finished playing...the guy seriously knew every. Single. Lyric. I almost wish that damned "Call Me Maybe" song had come on immediately afterward just so I could see the other guy in his element.

7 comments:

Kenji Ono said...

Ha ha, these guys are my heroes!
I wish I could let go of my inhibitions and sing my favorite songs... at a grocery store.

Kendra Melton said...

this is amazing! oh my goodness. so good!

L Rossi said...

Soory to hear you were poorly :(
But if you hadn't needed to go to the supermarket for chicken soup, you wouldn't have experienced such a heart warming grocery store moment n.n
(Love the Illustration and Boards)

k.mediani said...

Those dudes are hilarious! I thought the other guy was just embarrassed but the punchline was great!

Super awesome expressive drawings!
And I hope you feel better!
I too was super sick and didn't get to see my former teacher who was in town. It's great to see you for like two seconds on Saturday though.

Carrie Liao said...

I'm so glad to see this story illustrated hahaha

Nikhita P. said...

No ways!! My goodness burbank is so cool, you literally have characters entertaining you all day! :D :D :D Haha! I like both the songs. But this is epic!

Megan Nicole Dong said...

Kenji--It's not too late, you know.

Kendra--Aww, thanks, girl! :)

Laurent--Haha, thanks. Everything happens for a reason...

Tika--Aw, thanks! Glad I got to see you, however briefly. Hope you're feeling better!

Carrie--Haha, thanks!

Nikhita--Thank you! Sometimes Burbank is an interesting place.